Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians - SPANISH EDITION
Class Dates: July 2, 9, 10, 16, 18, 23.
(Registrants must attend all dates.)
Earning your CAMT validates your knowledge, enhances your reputation and credibility, boosts your confidence, and earns you respect.
You'll learn about:
- Processing timely work orders correctly and to residents’ satisfaction
- Electrical services and repairs
- Plumbing services and repairs
- HVAC services and repairs
- Painting services
- Construction services and repairs
- Mechanical services and repairs
- Appliance services and repairs
- Lock and key services and repairs
- Customer service and performing maintenance tasks according to company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage while safely performing maintenance activities
- Fair housing regulation compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Reporting and documentation of maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily
- Established procedures for maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementation of a preventive
- Product repair and replacement decisions
- Professional behavior patterns, communication
skills, and appearance
- Clear and respectful communication with residents, team members, and contractors
*Available as an in person course only
For any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
*Event prices and dates are subject to change
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations and No-Shows are still responsible for payment. If you cannot attend the event, please remember that your registration is transferable for the same event. If you send someone to replace the original registrant, please ask that person to give the name of the person they are replacing at check-in. This will help prevent double billing.
Accounts Receivables: If your account is past due 60 or more days, you will not be able to register for any of our upcoming programs, seminars or educational events until your account is brought up to current. Account can be brought current through Member Compass or calling the SEFAA office at 561-447-0696.