National Apartment Leasing Professional
Earning NALP, your first industry credential, signals to an employer your commitment to a career in residential property management. SEFAA does not currently offer this course in person; however, you can take the course online through NAAEI (National Apartment Association Education Institute).
You will learn:
- Using technology to generate traffic
- Monitoring and managing your community’s reputation
- Inspecting the leasing center, tour route, model units, and vacant apartments
- Shopping the competition while building relationships with competitors
- Compiling a comprehensive community resource tool
- Effective marketing plans
- Relationship sales process and evaluating personal sales performance
- Evaluating a prospect’s commitment level and overcoming objections
- Reviewing the next steps in the sales process with prospective residents
- Applying fair housing laws and communicating rental criteria
- Qualifying prospective residents according to rental policy
- Preparing and reviewing leases with new residents
- The move-in process
- Responding to resident issues and maintenance requests with appropriate follow-up
- Building relationships with residents and creating a sense of community
- Reporting incidents, maintaining documentation, and taking corrective action
- Maximizing revenue and operational efficiency
- Securing and processing lease renewals
- Conducting a market survey
To obtain your NALP credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of six months of onsite property management experience in a
leasingrole (This can be obtained while taking the course; you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of seven (7) NALP courses including completing the Market Survey presentation (totaling 25 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
Take the NALP Course Online
The NALP course is offered online through the NAAEI
(National Apartment Association Education Institute).
SEFAA members will receive the membership rate to take this course online.
Full Course Online Cost: $339 Member / $439 Non-Member
Pay by Individual Module Cost: $46 Member / $60 Non-Member
You must complete all seven (7) online modules, including the Market Survey and
successfully pass the online exam in order to obtain the NALP credential.
Email email@example.com or click here for more information.
YOUR LOGO COULD BE HERE
Receive speaking time on-stage at major events and MORE by becoming a 2018 PEP.
The format of all NAAEI credential exams has changed. All NAAEI exams are now proctored. This new policy means that credential candidates must take their exams either onsite at a SEFAA testing facility with a trained and qualified affiliate proctor, or on their own computers via live online proctoring (LOP).
In addition, both the CAM and CAPS programs now feature a one-part exam. Because of this change, all current CAM and CAPS candidates who need to take or retake their exams have been issued a new exam eligibility code to direct them to the new version of the exam. Any previously generated CAM or CAPS code will no longer work to schedule an exam. Please contact SEFAA to receive new codes for CAM and CAPS exams. The new exam codes will be linked on the dashboard to the CAM Comprehensive Exam or the CAPS Comprehensive Exam.
The eligibility codes for the NALP, CAMT, CAS, and IROP exams have not changed; however, candidates for these credentials must now log onto the Castle scheduling site to schedule their exams.
Advance notice is not required to schedule exams being taken via LOP. Candidates who are rescheduling their canceled or failed exams will follow the same scheduling instructions. Retake and reschedule fees have increased, they are as follows:
CAM and CAPS -- $100
CAS, IROP -- $60
CAMT -- $55
NALP -- $50
Micro-credentials -- $50
These fees will be charged to the candidate upon login to the scheduling site. The seven-day waiting period between exam retakes remains in effect.