2021 Board Applications Now Open!
CALL FOR 2021 BOARD MEMBERS
SEFAA Board Members commit to enthusiastically communicate, advocate, and support the initiatives of the organization while also taking an active role in elevating the member experience. While SEFAA understands that its members will have varied interests and strengths, Board Members are expected to meet the standards of participation outlined below.
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone else, please submit a Candidate Interest Form outlining the nominee’s qualifications and why you believe the nominee is suited to serve on the Board.
Applications are due no later than Monday, October 19. Extensions will not be provided.
NOTE: If you are currently a Board Member, you must reapply and submit an application.
- Gain hands-on experience serving the local community
- Meet with like-minded individuals and build a stronger network
- Develop key leadership, budgetary, and time management skills
- Learn about diplomacy and how to facilitate decisions
- Increase business potential through greater exposure to prospective clients and vendors
- Enlist early to grow into a more pronounced leadership role
- Leave your mark on the organization and create a legacy
- Serve as a voting member of the Board of Directors
- Act as a coach, adviser, and counselor to assigned committee(s)
- Ensure the organization adheres to chapter standards as prescribed by SEFAA
- Report on strategies, successes, and challenges of assigned committee(s) to the Board of Directors
- Support and defend policies and programs adopted by the Board of Directors
- Ensure the fiscal responsibility of the committee(s) to which position is assigned
- Identify, recruit and train committee chairs & committee members
- Conduct transition meeting with successor before the end of your term
- Perform other duties that may be delegated by the President and/or Board
- Support the progress of SEFAA towards their goals
- Review weekly and monthly Status Reports and agenda items in advance of meetings for the Board of Directors
Nominees must be employed by companies that have been SEFAA members in good standing for a period of no less than one year.
Our ideal candidate may also possess the following skills:
- Work with the board to create and execute the Chapter's Business plan
- Assist in budget development for overall Chapter budget
- Educate committee members with processes, procedures, and tools to achieve objectives
- Target future leaders within existing board, committees and membership
- Strategic Planning
- Conflict Resolution
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We thank you for taking the time to review this informtion in its entirety and look forward to reviewing the submissions! Best of luck.