Become a CAMT
Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technicians
Class Dates: January 7, 9, 21, 23, 28, 30 (you must attend all dates)
Earning your CAMT validates your knowledge, enhances your reputation and credibility, boosts your confidence, and earns you respect.
You'll learn about:
- Processing timely work orders correctly and to residents’ satisfaction
- Electrical services and repairs
- Plumbing services and repairs
- HVAC services and repairs
- Painting services
- Construction services and repairs
- Mechanical services and repairs
- Appliance services and repairs
- Lock and key services and repairs
- Customer service and performing maintenance tasks according to company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage while safely performing maintenance activities
- Fair housing regulation compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Reporting and documentation of maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily
- Established procedures for maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementation of a preventive
- Product repair and replacement decisions
- Professional behavior patterns, communication
skills, and appearance
- Clear and respectful communication with residents, team members, and contractors
Note: Available as an in-person course only. CAMT books are now available in Spanish!
Registration Opening Soon!
For any questions, please email email@example.com
*Event prices and dates are subject to change
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations and No-Shows are still responsible for payment. If you cannot attend the event, please remember that your registration is transferable for the same event. If you send someone to replace the original registrant, please ask that person to give the name of the person they are replacing at check-in. This will help prevent double billing.
Accounts Receivables: If your account is past due 60 or more days, you will not be able to register for any of our upcoming programs, seminars or educational events until your account is brought up to current. Account can be brought current through Member Compass or calling the SEFAA office at 561-447-0696.
For More Information:
Important Information about NAAEI Exams
The format of all NAAEI credential exams has changed. All NAAEI exams are now proctored. This new policy means that credential candidates must take their exams either onsite at a SEFAA testing facility with a trained and qualified affiliate proctor, or on their own computers (must have a camera and speakers) via live online proctoring (LOP).
The eligibility codes for the NALP, CAMT, CAS, and IROP exams have not changed; however, candidates for these credentials must now log onto the Castle scheduling site to schedule their exams.
Advance notice is not required to schedule exams being taken via LOP. Candidates who are rescheduling their canceled or failed exams will follow the same scheduling instructions. Retake and reschedule fees have increased, they are as follows:
CAM and CAPS -- $100
CAS, IROP -- $60
CAMT -- $55
NALP -- $50
Micro-credentials -- $50
These fees will be charged to the candidate upon login to the scheduling site. The seven-day waiting period between exam retakes remains in effect.