Certified Pool & Spa Operator (CPO)
Become a Certified Pool & Spa Operator
Class Dates: March 29 & 30, 2023
(Must attend both dates)
Join us for this one-and-only CPO course of 2023, led by Vann Flippen, a Pool & Hot Tub Alliance Certified Instructor (formerly NSPF®) from Chadwell Supply.
This course is designed to provide the knowledge necessary to operate & manage public pools & spas. The PHTA (formerly NSPF) Certified Pool & Spa Operator class fulfills the local & state requirements for certification for pool service technicians as defined in more than half of the states in the US. Certification requires 16 hours of classroom instruction and a passing score on the exam. Certification is valid for five years.
What You Will Learn:
- Regulations & Guidelines
- Swimming Pool Calculation
- Filtration & Circulation
- Pool Water Contamination
- Chemical Feed & Control
- Pool Water Testing
- Spas & Warm Water Pools
- Pool Management
- Pool & Spa Maintenance
- Pool Operation Problems
- Renovation & Modernization
- Disease & Accident Prevention
What You Will Need To Bring:
- Photo ID
- Calculator (not a smartphone)
- #2 Pencil
Registration Fee Includes:
The NSPF CPO Handbook, NSPF exam fee, and lunch on both days are included in the course fee.
Benefits of a CPO:
- Knowledge in topics necessary for pool/spa operation
- Confidence that courses are taught by NSPF® certified instructors
- Comprehensive, annually updated materials
- Gives participants a better understanding of the operator’s role in pool care, management and risk reduction
- Access to monthly updates and news from NSPF
- A leading certification for five years
- Eligibility for IACET Continuing Education Units (CEUs)
*Event prices, locations and dates are subject to change
SEFAA Values Your Health & Safety: As certain events proceed as scheduled, the SEFAA Team is taking several measures to protect the health and well-being of our members. Please read below for our recommendations, along with specific protocol in place that aligns with the Centers for Disease Control’s guidelines:
- We kindly ask anyone that is feeling ill or exhibiting flu-like symptoms to please hold off on attending any SEFAA programs, out of respect for fellow members and participants.
- Be mindful of everyone’s space and ask before shaking hands or greeting a fellow member.
- Complimentary tissues and hand sanitizer stations will be available on site. Attendees are encouraged to use proper hygiene and wash hands as frequently as possible.
- Spaces that allow for open outside doors and windows will be utilized to increase air circulation in the area.
- Venue staff will be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting all areas (e.g., offices, bathrooms, and common areas), focusing especially on frequently touched surfaces.
- Signs that promote the daily practice of preventive actions will be featured during on-site programs.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Cancellations and No-Shows are still responsible for payment. If you cannot attend the event, please remember that your registration is transferable for the same event. If you send someone to replace the original registrant, please ask that person to give the name of the person they are replacing at check-in. This will help prevent double billing.
Accounts Receivables: If your account is past due 60 or more days, you will not be able to register for any of our upcoming programs, seminars or educational events until your account is brought up to current. Account can be brought current through Member Compass or calling the SEFAA office at 561-447-0696.
|8:30 AM - 5:30 PM||CPO Course Day 1|
|8:30 AM - 5:30 PM||CPO Course Day 2 Review and testing day|
For More Information:
Delray Beach, Florida 33444 800.627.7921
NOTE: A retake fee of $169 will be applied for students who do not pass the exam and wish to take it again. Retake tests also need to be scheduled based on the instructor's availability.