Feeding South Florida - Day of Service
SEFAA's Community Service Committee is teaming up with Feeding South Florida to help distribute food to those in need.
Feeding South Florida rescues 119 million pounds of food per year to help serve the 1.4 million individuals in South Florida struggling to put food on the table. In order to ensure a constant and consistent flow of food, the support of thousands of volunteers is needed to help inspect, sort, build, and repack food so that it is ready for distribution.
By registering for this FREE event, you will be provided with all of the necessary equipment and directions necessary to contribute.
IMPORTANT VOLUNTEER INFORMATION
- Volunteer capacity is set to 50.
- Face masks are required for this event.
- All volunteers must wear close-toed shoes due to the warehouse setting.
- Wear comfortable clothing that you don't mind getting a little dirty. Tee-shirts and shorts are suggested. No short-shorts or mini skirts. Shirts should cover your midsection.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of your shift. If you arrive after orientation, it is difficult to understand the sorting process and your role in it.
There will be FREE parking available at the warehouse, but parking is limited. We encourage all volunteers to carpool if possible.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com
SEFAA Values Your Health & Safety: As certain events proceed as scheduled, the SEFAA Team is taking several measures to protect the health and well-being of our members. Please read below for our recommendations, along with specific protocol in place that aligns with the Centers for Disease Control’s guidelines:
- We kindly ask anyone that is feeling ill or exhibiting flu-like symptoms to please hold off on attending any SEFAA programs, out of respect for fellow members and participants.
- Be mindful of everyone’s space and ask before shaking hands or greeting a fellow member.
- Complimentary tissues and hand sanitizer stations will be available on site. Attendees are encouraged to use proper hygiene and wash hands as frequently as possible.
- Spaces that allow for open outside doors and windows will be utilized to increase air circulation in the area.
- Venue staff will be responsible for cleaning and disinfecting all areas (e.g., offices, bathrooms, and common areas), focusing especially on frequently touched surfaces.
- Signs that promote the daily practice of preventive actions will be featured during on-site programs.
For More Information:
Delray Beach, Florida 33444 800.627.7921