Health & Safety Measures
Guidelines for in-person SEFAA events and programs
The safety of our members, attendees, sponsors, and staff remains as SEFAA’s priority. We will continue to monitor and update our safety measures to act in accordance with the recommended guidelines from the CDC, WHO, Federal, State, and local health authorities.
- Wellness screening of all team members will be conducted prior to each event
- Guest screening based on where attendees have traveled
- Guest screening will be conducted during attendee registration
WHAT TO EXPECT AT UPCOMING SEFAA EVENTS
Below are the proactive and cautionary measures we will take during the day of the event.
SEFAA encourages all attendees to evaluate their personal potential health risks, particularly if unvaccinated, prior to registering for and attending in person events or programs. All attendees must abide by SEFAA's health and safety measures at all live events, which are designed to all protect attendees, sponsors, staff and venue employees.
All attendees will have their temperature checked upon entering the event using thermal scanners outside the venue. Attendees with an elevated temperature or fever will not be permitted to attend the event.
Health & Safety Waiver
All attendees will sign a waiver upon entering the venue.
- SEFAA/venue will provide hand sanitizer stations throughout the event space. All attendees will be encouraged to use hand sanitizer upon arrival and during the event.
- Attendees will be encouraged to continuously wash their hands throughout the event with soap for at least 20-seconds.
Everyone will be required to wear a mask regardless of their vaccination status for COVID-19.
Signage encouraging social distancing, directing traffic flow, and reminding attendees of the health standards and expectations will be displayed throughout the event space.
Increased Venue Cleaning
- SEFAA/venue will ensure the cleaning and disinfecting of frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- All common areas in the venue will be cleaned and disinfected prior to SEFAA event with EPA-approved cleaners/disinfectants.
SEFAA and the venue will work together to monitor space capacity to ensure social distancing of 6 feet apart is enforced.
Food & Beverage Service
- SEFAA Staff will work with each venue’s food & beverage department to apply safety measures in food preparation and serving.
- As directed by State, Local, and CDC guidelines all required staff members and management that will be preparing the food and beverage are to be certified through Food Safety and Safe Serve courses.
- All food items, plates, and utensils will be passed by a food service attendance with gloves and a face mask.
Attendees and sponsors will not be permitted to give out promotional items.
Event Regulation Compliance
SEFAA/venue staff will be monitoring compliance of health and safety guidelines and if attendees are not in compliance, they may be asked to leave the event.
SEFAA HEALTH & SAFETY LIABILITY WAIVER
To view the official Health & Safety Liability waiver of which all participants will be expected to sign, please click below. Note that this waiver may receive additional updates and refer to each event registration for the up-to-date version.
For the most current information regarding other guidelines and procedures, we encourage you to visit the following websites: