Certificate for Apartment Maintenance Technician (CAMT)
Build your skills and advance within your industry!
IMPORTANT: New Maintenance Technician Requirement Effective January 2018
On January 1, 2018 a new maintenance technician requirement for all Palm Beach County apartment communities went into effect. In addition to the National Apartment Association CAMT, a maintenance technician performing minor repairs to existing electric water heaters or to existing electric heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems is now required to also have a
Palm Beach County Maintenance Technician Certification.
Obtaining your CAMT is the first step to earning the newly required Palm Beach County Maintenance Technician Certification. A CAMT validates your knowledge, enhances your reputation and credibility, boosts your confidence and earns you respect.
Thank You to Our Official Class Host:
English Hialeah: Jan 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23
Spanish Hialeah: August 11, 13, 18, 20, 25, 27
English Riviera Beach: TBD
You will learn:
- Processing work orders correctly in a timely fashion, and to residents' satisfaction
- Electrical services and repairs
- HVAC services and repairs
- Painting services
- Construction services and repairs
- Mechanical services and repairs
- Appliance services and repairs
- Lock and key services and repairs
- Customer service and performing maintenance tasks according to company policy and procedures
- Minimizing personal and property damage while safely performing maintenance activities
Fair housing regulation compliance
- Environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance
- Reporting and documentation of maintenance activities in compliance with company policy and regulation
- Curb appeal, property inspection, and daily maintenance
- Established procedures for maintaining recreational facilities and common areas
- Implementation of a preventive maintenance schedule
- Repair and replacement decisions
- Professional behavior patterns, communication skills, and appearance
- Clear and respectful communication with residents, team members, and contractors
To obtain the CAMT credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Minimum of 12 months of apartment or rental housing maintenance experience. (This can be obtained while taking the course, you will receive a provisional certificate until this requirement is met.)
- Successful completion of all CAMT coursework (totaling 80 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
Interested in Becoming a Premier Education Partner?
Email email@example.com or click here for more information.
YOUR LOGO COULD BE HERE
Receive speaking time on-stage at major events and MORE by becoming a 2020 PEP.
The format of all NAAEI credential exams has changed. All NAAEI exams are now proctored. This new policy means that credential candidates must take their exams either onsite at a SEFAA testing facility with a trained and qualified affiliate proctor, or on their own computers via live online proctoring (LOP).
In addition, both the CAM and CAPS programs now feature a one-part exam. Because of this change, all current CAM and CAPS candidates who need to take or retake their exams have been issued a new exam eligibility code to direct them to the new version of the exam. Any previously generated CAM or CAPS code will no longer work to schedule an exam. Please contact SEFAA to receive new codes for CAM and CAPS exams. The new exam codes will be linked on the dashboard to the CAM Comprehensive Exam or the CAPS Comprehensive Exam.
The eligibility codes for the NALP, CAMT, CAS, and IROP exams have not changed; however, candidates for these credentials must now log onto the Castle scheduling site to schedule their exams.
Advance notice is not required to schedule exams being taken via LOP. Candidates who are rescheduling their canceled or failed exams will follow the same scheduling instructions. Retake and reschedule fees have increased, they are as follows:
CAM and CAPS -- $100
CAS, IROP -- $60
CAMT -- $55
NALP -- $50
Micro-credentials -- $50
These fees will be charged to the candidate upon login to the scheduling site. The seven-day waiting period between exam retakes remains in effect.