Hurricane season occurs from June 1 - November 30
Hurricane season occurs from June 1 to November 30. The peak typically takes place from mid-August to late October. In an effort to inform our members, provide proper precaution and prepare for potential impact, SEFAA has instituted this page to serve as a central resource.
SEFAA strongly urges you to take all preventive measures to protect your company, your residents, and your communities. Please find below key resources that are important for you to review and share with fellow colleagues.
*Note: The following resources and information are provided for general and informational purposes only. This information is subject to change. Please check back for updates and follow the direction of your local and state governments and your management companies.
PREPAREDNESS RELATED TO COVID-19 & TRAVELING
- Protocol for the activation of evacuation centers during the COVID-19 pandemic (Source: Miami-Dade County)
- How to Stay Safe While Traveling During a Hurricane - Emergency Preparedness Guide (Source: Florida Panhandle)
STORM FORECAST & UPDATES
- To view the most recent storm forecast, please click here. NHC will provide updated graphics for each advisory.
- The Florida International University (FIU) has created a Storm Surge Simulator to visualize the potential effects on your home or business.
HURRICANE PREPAREDNESS GUIDE & SHELTERS
To view an official hurricane preparedness guide, please see below for listings according to each county.
To view an updated list of Florida hurricane shelters, please click here. Select your county to view updated shelters.
To view the Emergency & Disaster Library proposed by the National Apartment Association (NAA), please click here.
FOR APARTMENT COMMUNITIES
Below are links to sample letters to send in preparation for hurricane season:
Below is a link to a sample letter to send in the event of an approaching storm.
- For residential communication, please click here.
In case you missed it, SEFAA hosted a Webucation program focused on Hurricane Preparedness in the Era of COVID-19. To watch the session on-demand, simply login and click to view the full recording.
Finally, SEFAA Supplier Members are available to help with any emergency needs your communities might have. Please click here to view the Supplier Guide that outlines each industry product and/or service.
- The website ready.gov offers a full library on Business Preparedness, including tool kits, how-to guides, and videos
- This comprehensive guide easily walks through proper Financial Preparedness for emergency situations.
- Review important factors to consider when preparing your office for a potential hurricane
- Learn about the recovery assistance available to businesses impacted by a storm
- Stay updated on the employee services, financial and emotional support you can provide in the face of a crisis
IMPORTANT CONTACT INFORMATION
If you any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us at (800) 627-7921 or email us at email@example.com
Palm Beach County
Palm Beach County
Miami-Dade and Monroe County
Florida Power and Light Outages (FPL)
AT&T Repair Center
Price Gouging Hotline
Protect yourself from becoming a further victim after an initial disaster strikes: Click Here