Certified Apartment Supplier
Gain inside apartment industry knowledge and become a top producer!
Earning your CAS designation allows you to network with your peers from other companies, learn about the benefits and activities your local apartment association offers, and engage in apartment association meetings and events. The course is an opportunity for suppliers to hear the everyday challenges faced by apartment-manager customers.
You will learn:
- Applicant screening, leasing, contracts and move-ins
- Rent collection, lease renewal, the move-out and process, lease termination, and eviction
- Property management systems and their functions
- How community managers create a positive fair housing environment
- Minimizing risk through inspections, preventive maintenance, safety programs and documentation
- Addressing property and environmental hazards and crime
- Analyzing property financial operations and under performance
- Monitoring property financial operations and under-performance
- Monitoring property performance to achieve an owners investment goals
- Maximizing net operating income
To obtain the CAS credential, candidates must complete the following:
- Complete the Supplier Success Course
- Employment within the apartment industry in a supplier position
- Successful completion of all CAS coursework (totaling 26 hours)
- Meet all examination standards within 12 months of declaring candidacy
The format of all NAAEI credential exams has changed. All NAAEI exams are now proctored. This new policy means that credential candidates must take their exams either onsite at a SEFAA testing facility with a trained and qualified affiliate proctor, or on their own computers via live online proctoring (LOP).
In addition, both the CAM and CAPS programs now feature a one-part exam. Because of this change, all current CAM and CAPS candidates who need to take or retake their exams have been issued a new exam eligibility code to direct them to the new version of the exam. Any previously generated CAM or CAPS code will no longer work to schedule an exam. Please contact SEFAA to receive new codes for CAM and CAPS exams. The new exam codes will be linked on the dashboard to the CAM Comprehensive Exam or the CAPS Comprehensive Exam.
The eligibility codes for the NALP, CAMT, CAS, and IROP exams have not changed; however, candidates for these credentials must now log onto the Castle scheduling site to schedule their exams.
Advance notice is not required to schedule exams being taken via LOP. Candidates who are rescheduling their canceled or failed exams will follow the same scheduling instructions. Retake and reschedule fees have increased, they are as follows:
CAM and CAPS -- $100
CAS, IROP -- $60
CAMT -- $55
NALP -- $50
Micro-credentials -- $50
These fees will be charged to the candidate upon login to the scheduling site. The seven-day waiting period between exam retakes remains in effect.